Friday, November 11, 2011

Im GROWING UP!!!

It is such a scary thought being a junior and having to plan the rest of my life! This thought came to me today and I printed out 10 scholarship essays to do this weekend, and researched my dream collage. It has been my dream collage since I was like 9.
I was looking around the website looking for the journalism degree, but later on I figured out that to get a journalism degree I actually get a major in communication with a focus on journalism.

At the conference I went to for newspaper, I took a class on people wanting to get a degree in journalism. The speaker highly recommended that you get minor in something else you like. This way it opens up many options for you. I was looking between history and political science, and the political science classes seems so much more exciting. That might be my minor.

It is so hard to think that in less then a year and a half I will be on my own in a different state, cooking for myself, meeting new people, and handling everyday life. At the same time it is exciting that I can be with other LDS members, make new friends, and possible meet my eternal companion.

I emailed the communication department, and I am trying to set up a tour at the campus and for their department over spring break. Wish me luck on my journey everyone. Now I am off to memorize a scene of Shakespeare with a group.

Keep Calm and Carry On,
Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment