Saturday, December 7, 2013

Catching Up

This seems to happen to me every holiday season when it comes to blogging. It is the time of year I want to blog the most, but it is also when I am most busy because of holiday gatherings and finals.
Here is a general update:
Life is good right now. I am content. I hate that the semester is almost over and I am just now at this point, but its okay. I think it is possibly a good sign that I haven't been blogging as much because it shows that I am actually out there, creating memories instead of living in a state of nostalgia. I have friends, and the blessing is that these include both new and old friend. You know what else also makes Rexburg seem more homey? The Shimmer Sparkle Shine Project has a workshop scheduled on my birthday. That is just pretty great in itself. Thanksgiving happened, and it gave me a chance to come home for one full week. I saw all three of my best friends, and that feeling of comfort you get with them is nothing in compassion to anything in this world. It was needed.
With Thanksgiving in the past, it was time to swing full force into the Christmas season. Mother nature is also fully aware of this because she wasted no time bringing snow to Rexburg. Apparently once it starts for the winter, the snow is just a constant. That is perfectly okay with me! I love looking out my window and seeing snow flakes gracefully landing on the sidewalk. I LOVE IT! Another thing I love about the holidays? Sparkles! Wearing sparkly jewelry and clothing is most acceptable around the holidays and winter season. Needless to say that is a just a bonus.
Of course, who could forget the holiday decorations! I am lucky to have roommates who enjoy Christmas too! Between all of our efforts we have a pretty awesome apartment. We have a tree! I brought stockings! We are leaving goodies for each other in them throughout the season! We also have cups that have enough Hersey kisses for us to have one every day till Christmas. Not going to lie, it is hard not to eat the whole cup! I am also continuing my tradition with Shae, with our advent swap! It is nice that I can carry these traditions with me!
Just remember to keep a spirit of giving in your heart, through all the rustle and bustle. Keep the thirst strong my friends!
With Love,
Ciara Ann




No comments:

Post a Comment