Monday, December 23, 2013

One Down

I have finished my first semester of college. I think I learned a lot about myself and other stuff in general. I thought I would share these things with you!

  • I do best when I am super busy. I had a really open schedule and that gives me more time to procrastinate, so next semester I have a way busier schedule. I was trained to function on no down time... thanks IB!
  • I am more domestic than I thought. It takes a lot of planning, which takes practice. I am getting there though.
  • I thrive off of social activity. If I don't have plans than I get sad. In order to make plans I really need to get out of my comfort zone.
  • I seem to be more productive at night time, which I think is the case because everyone else is in bed and I pretty much have the whole apartment to myself. I think even with my social tendencies, I appreciate quiet moments way more than I thought. 
  • I work best with clean environments. At home I had my mom to always keep things clean. At college I had to do that for myself. Luckily I had SUPER clean roommates, but if it wasn't for their efforts and the little stuff I did I don't think I would have felt nearly as comfortable in my own home. 
It is no secret that I struggled a lot at first. I was so lonely, and I would wish every second that I was home. I don't know why but my surprise trip home in October did wonders. If it wouldn't have been for my Uncle paying and planning that whole trip, I don't know if I would have been able to experience the joy of BYUI afterwards. I made some awesome friends, and did some fun things with them! I dated more. I was just happier in general. I started talking to my friends from home less. This may seem like a bad thing, but it really isn't. It meant that I was more busy living in the moment and not holding on to the past.
I am glad to be home for Christmas though! Next semester shall be great. I will have my cousin with me, even in the same apartment complex! I have a nice class load, and I even took a fun class! Fashion Design and Merchandising. 
Enjoy your Christmas Season!
With Love,
Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment