Saturday, April 28, 2012

I like to make art, and I am a mormon!

So i am going to use this as a missionary experience in a way to describe my art, and its meaning to me. In IB Art you have a focus, and all your pieces are around that. After trial and error, and much thought I chose the church. In case you don't know, I am a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, a.k.a. a mormon. Here are 5 out of my 7 pieces I have done for this year. I want to explain them here in depth for better understanding. 1. This peice was used with a combination of photoshop, and family photos. The whole concept is about living in the Celestial Kingdom if we live the right away and are sealed to our family. After death we will be reunited with our spouse, and have our own planet with our family. This piece focuses on that.
2. This piece is about baptism for the dead. In the temple, we can be baptized by proxy for relatives who have passed away and did not get a chance to join the gospel. We believe that after we are baptized for them, they then have the choice in heaven to accept or deny it still. This piece is pictures of my closest relatives who have passed away who I had not done baptism's for. I scanned the photos, added a scripture, they translucent in the background, and made it look like water had been washing away on it, symbolizing the immersion of water. I can now say that one of those people on the art piece, my Grandma Neill, has been baptized in the temple by me two weeks after this piece was done. It was incredible.
3. This next one is my favorite! I just finished it, and it is from a picture of my cousin Jason's wedding of me and my cousins, who I am closest too. They are like my brothers, and nothing could be physically compared to the love I have for them. I wanted to focus on when we pass away, our bodies stay here, while our souls and spirits go to heaven to roam free. We can still be with our family for all eternity. I am so much comfort in the fact that my cousins will be in my life forever. We don't have faces because that symbolizes what we leave behind, and what is least important. Each color orb in the background stands for one of us (pink = me, purple = mckay, red = taylor, orange = tanner). Those represent our spirits, and how we will always be together. Such a great thought!
4. These next two are done by photo transfer techniques. The first one with the keys is to symbolize the young women value of individual worth. It is like I say for Shimmer, Sparkle, Shine. We are all like keys, we have a different shape that is unique to us, and we all have different doors to unlock and journeys to take. I took this picture in Estes Park. I like the little imperfection in it because we are all not perfect. The second piece is done to symbolize divine nature. We all have talents that are important and unique to us. I did this piece right after I received a gold for board breaking in state for Taekwondo. I used the board I broke with my head to transfer a picture of me onto. The picture was taken by a wonderful CTA mom who does photography for living. I plan to do more pieces on the values.
I have two more peices, one focused around the mutual theme to arise and stand forth, and the second is a drawing I did of the provo temple. Art has helped my testimony so much, and honestly, my sketch book has turned into my diary/ sketch book! Almost summer! WHOOT WHOOT
Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment