Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I am the cliche fish..

I am happy to report that I am finally starting to make some more friends. It isn't to how I would want it, or similar to how I felt during high school but it is something.
I mean I started out in High School not knowing anyone, but as far as I remember I made friends so fast. Then again, that was four years ago and I am getting old now, so my memory could be groggy. Totally just kidding.
All those cliche sayings about being thrown into the real world, for example the most overused, "I feel like a little fish in a big sea" is the best way to describe this. I can see why it is overused now, since everyone experiences this at one time or another. Luckily, I found my self in High School, so I don't need to do self exploration with different groups of people. I know the kind of people I mix best with, and I know when something/someone isn't helping me be who I want. That does give me an advantage when trying to find the right current of the sea to swim in.
Joining clubs is a nice way for this, because you find people with similar interest (yes I am sure you have heard this a thousand times). The biggest thing, is being kind to everyone. Talk to the people you sit with in class, offer to go out of your way to help them. People do not do this anymore. Service only happens when they need service hours for some club, or when it doesn't throw them out of their normal routine. Therefore, when you make the extra effort, it matters. Don't follow my advice if you don't mean what you are saying or if you are not doing sincerely. I have been told growing up that I am good at being there for others, so I guess I need to do what I do best, and I will continue to make friends and gravitate towards the new people I want to be around.

Maybe I am subconsciously trying to find duplicates of my friends at home... I hope I am not, because I might be wasting my time. I won't find anyone like them, but I can try to find people with the same values and attitudes towards life.
I won't find anyone as honest and hardworking as Bruna or funny and dependable as Konner. Probably won't find a friend as #thirsty as Zach, or fun-going as Marissa. Won't find another Mexican Mafia (honestly.... there are barely any here....LOL) or another Leandra to take all my jokes. I won't find another laid back person like Ashley, or find someone with as much history as Anna and I.
I can try to find those who are not like those at home, in hopes that I might be someone they have never met before. I mean, who likes repetition? Not me. Well I do...... but only for household stuff, LOL
Besides that, you get what I am saying. I couldn't think of a better way to end than with my favorite quote from my favorite book/movie;
“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.”

With Love,
Ciara Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment