Sunday, October 13, 2013

Making and Creating

It has now been over a month since I have been on my own in Idaho, and I am experiencing mixed emotions. There are some things that I love about college and Rexburg! I love my roommates, I love spending more time with Monique, I love how everyday is like a weekend (I promise I am still doing all my school work), I love the independence (like getting my first pair of heels), and I love the weather here!

There are also the things that I miss like crazy; my family, my friends, Target, my Aunt Tammy, a big city, clubbing (LOL), and how my basement was a Micheals.
Seriously though, for the most part, whenever I wanted to craft we had anything I could want. This included paint, spray paint, stickers, the crickut, misc weird things, and so many other things that I can't even think of at this moment. When I want to craft I have to think about it now, and think of what supplies I do or do not have. I actually have to plan out crafting, and go buy the stuff and then finally make it.
We all know, Ciara loves things to be immediate. Needless to say, I am not a fan of not be able to walk down to my basement and get started.
Feeling kinda down, I just really wanted to craft. I wanted to make something to hang over our arch way in the kitchen into the living room, but other then that I didn't really want anything for me so I made a few goodies to be advent Christmas gifts for later. I just got a wood sign, and modge podged the paper on, then made my own stencil (helping me save a couple bucks) and put my favorite quote by Salvador Dali on it. "Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings." Here is the kicker, I had to buy the hook that I screw in the back, so I can hang it up with string. I screwed it in there all by myself! Pretty proud.


A few days prior my Mom sent me some basic Halloween/Fall goodies to decorate with. She sent me some fake leaves, so I thought it would be cute to make some garland with them!

I felt like coloring so I made letters that said Fall for over the TV.

We have a joke in my family where we hide plastic/fake mice and rats around the house because they are my biggest fear. Well, my family couldn't stop this tradition, so they sent plastic/fake rubber rats. They stuck right to the TV without tape or anything, so we made a rat-tastic border on the TV.

I also worked on my smash book, and Monique came to hang out with me to watch over me. I am so grateful that she is here. We decided last minute to go to the dance going on, so I did our hair, put on my heels, and went. It was great.

For now, I just need to keep taking this one day at a time. Maybe follow my own advice to Keep Calm and Carry On. My life didn't stop after High School, it just branched out to Idaho. I just have to remember that.
With Love,
Ciara Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment