Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

This year the Valentine's Day season was lots of fun. It was just super crafty! I had fun making all kinds of different Valentines. Here are some that I made.

I also made some owl cupcakes and attached a note to them saying "Guess HOOO loves you." 

I had someone in mind that I wanted to be my Valentine. I saw this idea before on Pinterest, so I just had to do it. I made a message in a bottle. It came out soo cute, and it was really easy. I got the bottle at the local craft store for only $1.50, wrote the note, rolled it up, and tied it with a bow. The only semi-difficult part tying the note tight enough to fit in the bottle.  So did the message in a bottle work? Of course!                                   Unfortunately we were both leaving town on Valentine's Day Friday, so we celebrated a few days early. We started off the evening by cooking dinner together. We made Santa Fe Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers, and it came out fabulous. I would attach the URL to the recipe, but the link isn't working all of a sudden. 

The Fried Ice-cream 
Dessert was a different story. I have been craving Fried Ice-cream. I found a recipe to make it, and I thought to myself, "it is something new. Why not try it?" I have already had bad experiences with hot oil in the past, so when it came time to fry the coated ice cream I was on the opposite side of the kitchen as he did it. Good thing it wasn't me, because long story short it started a fire in my kitchen. I am not exaggerating when I say that a 2.5-3 ft flame was bursting out of the pan. We got it under control, but needless to say we did not have our fried ice-cream. Afterwards, we learned that the coating on the ice-cream had to cover the ice cream ball perfectly, which seems impossible to do. Next time, I'll just go to a Mexican Restaurant and pay for it. 
My Rose
The evening was finished by watching one of my favorite movies, 500 Days of Summer. It was a great Valentine's Day to say the least. Whether you shared it with a significant other, your girlfriends, your family, or even just by yourself, I hope you had a great Valentine's Day.
With Love, Ciara Ann 




No comments:

Post a Comment