Saturday, August 20, 2011

7 Things


Man I have been coming across some AWESOME blogs today. I will keep you posted. I found this survey I want to do for today. :)

7 Places I Would Like to Visit:
* Tokyo
* New York!
* Paris
* England
* Hawaii
* South Africa
* Washington DC

7 Things I Would Like to Make:
* My Bird Halloween Costume
* More Hair Bows
* An Own Stuff Animal :)
* things for my own wedding when it comes time
* Children Book Series
* A Nail Design
* A Name For Myself

7 People I'd Like to Meet (Dead or Alive):
* Hilary Duff because she was my childhood star who I still love.
* Sarah Palin because of her love for America.
* CoCo Channel because she could make such awesome clothes.
* Micheal Jackson to hear the truth behind the gossip.
* Zoey Dasheual (Cant spell that) she is such an amazing actress
* Lady GaGa because she is different.
* Tim Russert because he is what I want to do when I am older.

7 Things I Would Like to Own:
* A Drivers License
* Real Cameo
* Walk In Closet
* An IPAD of course
* A Drawing Desk for my Art
* Ikea
* More Make-Up

7 Things That Annoy Me:
* Players or Hoes
* Druggies
* Cotton Balls
* Having To Walk Up the Stairs 451 times because my mom always forgets something for me to bring up or down.
* Current Congress
* People who hate Sarah Palin
* Homophobes

7 Films I Love:
* Legally Blonde
* Remember Me
* Burlesque
* UP
* 500 Days of Summer
* Twlight
* Aristocrats

7 Funny Words:
* Zha Zha Gabore
* Frugile
* snicker doodle
* shnukumpus
* conscience
* caddole
* annole


That was fun, now the craft I cant wait to make thanks to A Beautiful Mess. It is an owl costume, so what I am doing!!


Here are the instructions;
Materials Needed:
Pillow Case
Multiple Textured, Colored and Patterned Fabrics (Scraps work great for this project!)
Scissors
Push Pins
Hot Glue Gun or Sewing Machine
Ribbon or Edge Tape

Step 1. Lay your pillowcase on a flat surface. The opening will be the bottom of your dress, so you'll need to cut out a hole on the opposite end for your head and two arm holes on either side of the pillowcase. Hold up against your body to spot where your holes should be and what size.

Step2
Step 2. Using your scissors and all your fabrics, cut out fist-sized half-ovals( each oval was created from squares that measured 3x4", then I rounded two of the corners). My dress called for about 45 of these half-ovals. If you're purchasing fabric, you'll need at least one yard. These will act as your owl's feathers.

Step3
Step 3. Beginning at the bottom of your pillowcase, lay fabric feathers along side one-another, making sure they cover the edge of your pillow case. The straight edge of your feathers should be at the top of your row. Pin straight edge into place. Make sure you alternate your fabrics for a whimsical, charming look.

Step_4
Step 4. Once you've completed pinning your bottom row, sew or use hot glue to attach the straight edge of your feathers to the pillow case. Moving onto the next row, make sure to stagger your fabrics, so they cover all seams you created on the line before. Repeat this step until you've reached the top of your pillow case.

Step5
Step 5. Trim any excess fabrics that might be overhanging in the neck or arm areas. Now, taking your edging tape or ribbon, edge the neck and arm holes so that they cover all loose fabrics and give the entire costume a polished look!

By adding fun eye shadow, a few feathers, and messy nest-like side bun, the outfit is complete! I am so excited to wear it out (maybe even after Halloween). Go enjoy making your own animal costumes, each one will be so unique! Hope you all have a super cute Halloween!! xxoo Chelsea


PS. the official Tricks and Treats Schedule (for days 1-6) is right here. We're still confirming a few guests for the second week, but you can see who's lined up for this week now! XO. Huge thank you*s to Chelsea for kicking off this fun 12 day project with her gorgeous Lady Bird Owl Halloween costume! XO.

Heres is the link to that! http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/10/tricks-treats-lady-bird-owl-costume-diy-by-chelsea.html

Keep Calm and Carry On,
Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment