Thursday, August 15, 2013

Being Thirsty

Thirsty has been my word of the week..or past few weeks. Doesn't matter. Moral of the story is that has been my response for everything while becoming just another reason to laugh and smile with a friend of mine.
There is one type of thirst I want to talk about today though, the thirst to be something greater. Everyday we are told to strive to be our best selves, and the only way we can do that is to have the thirst to be something or do something. Honestly the only way to know what you are "thirsty" for, or even to know what being "thirsty" feels like, is to be deprived or dehydrated of who we are. Without going all religious, I know that on this Earth I am expected to make mistakes, some bigger then others, but in the end it is to learn what satisfies my thirst.
I hope some of this is making sense and just doesn't sound like Buddha and Gandhi's love child throwing up. Even if you are making mistakes right now, or trying to recover from some, it's okay! Eventually you will learn that you can't run yourself on empty without anything that personally satisfies you to something greater. We can only learn what that greater is if we experience what the less than great is.

There has been this new app or website I have been addicted to called stumbled upon. Seriously, it is better then Pinterest if that is even possible. Through it I came across this website that had "50 Secrets" to life. Number 9 was to drink plenty of water. Its reason being was the whole soda may taste good thing. but it is full of sugar and bad chemicals for your body. If you think about it, it can be applied to what I am saying here. We may think that bad choices are pure and just as hydrating for our body, but in all reality they aren't. When saying this, I am not just meaning drugs and alcohol but rather anything that takes away your attention from being you. In the end, only water can cure your "thirst". So I challenge whoever is reading this, if you don't know what your thirst is for and what can solve it, then go for it!

To my friend, who is re hydrating his life, I couldn't be prouder of you. As long as you stay #thirsty I'll be right beside you to help. Actually, that goes for all my friends. No joke.

I think I have done being all philosophical now.
Find the #thirst my friends!

With Love, 
Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment