Sunday, August 25, 2013

Role Model

Tonight I enjoyed doing one of my favorite things, watching the VMAs. The whole Justin Timberlake performance with *nsync was just amazing and my girl, Lady GaGa, of course! The whole Miley Cyrus thing made me sick. I just couldn't stop shaking my head and I was embarrassed for her family and for herself. I am sure in about 2 years (hopefully) she will look back in regret. I was even more embarrassed when I saw people posting/tweeting about how great she is and how people shouldn't judge her. SERIOUSLY?! Did we not watch the same award show?! It just makes me so glad that I was raised with people who established standards in my life. These people who raised me to respect myself and others (like my mom, uncle, aunt, etc) are the kind of people real role models should be considered as. 
This leads me into my excitement of the night (other than *nsync). Lady GaGa. I may not always agree with how she can present herself, but I agree with what she stands for. She is big on being who you are, and loving yourself no matter what others may say about you. That idea in general is just what I live my life for. She encourages acceptance, even if you are outrageous and do not fit in the mold. I th
Concert, July 2010. 

ink Lady GaGa lives what she preaches, which is very rare these days. 
Going to her concert, back in July of 2010 was a blast. I went with my best friend, and we had a blast. We got dressed up too and went the whole 9 yards. People dress up for concerts, but you are never sure if alot of people will be into the dressing up thing. Trying to come up with an outfit idea for this concert was just so fun because there were no limits. Either way you were not going to be judged for dressing in an outfit that wouldn't be socially acceptable any where else. Seeing all the dressed up people was one of the best parts. 

With her new album coming out, I couldn't be more excited for her comeback. With her injury and such she was out of the spotlight, and people were like "told you so, she was not the next Madonna." Now I'm like, want to rethink that statement? I always enjoy feeling how much passion she has for what she does in interviews and such. Not only is there passion, but there is talent. At the concert, and TV performences, you can tell she doesn't need to rely on lip singing. If you don't get what I am talking about, then you need to watch the Thanksgiving special she did a few years ago with Tony Bennett. Their song, "Lady is a Tramp" is just incredible!

Her comeback and all does have me missing my soul sister pretty hard core, but being able to call him and text with him after her performance on the VMAs tonight made it a little bit better. GaGa is who started our first conversation and led to our friendship. 

Remember, people who stand up for what they believe in (while actually living it) are the role models that make the world. Role models are people like parents and family. Not necessarily celebrities, and if you do consider a celebrity a role model, evaluate and reflect why? Is it because she can twerk on stage or because she works hard at creating a more accepting place?

I leave you with a photo project I did back in 10th grade. My photography has gotten better since then, but this quote couldn't be more perfect in tying in what I love about Lady GaGa and my life purpose with the Shimmer Sparkle Shine Project.

Much Love,
Ciara Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment