Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mambo N. 5! Top 5 Memories of Summer

People are leaving for school or getting ready to do so. My life is now in focus of school as well, and what I need to do to be on my own in less then a month. Rather that focus on all this chaos, I should reflect on my summer of 2013 and what my top five favorite memories were. The countdown begins....

5. Girls State 
I love how so many girls can come together and leave as sisters or best friends. I think it is rare for a camp to teach you so much and keep you so busy while allowing time to make friends. Being a JC this year was so rewarding in allowing to give back to the program I enjoyed so much the year previously. I didn't know I meant something to the girls till the last day or so, and just for those kind words, I would do it all over again. I can't forget to mention the other JCs that made sure no conversation went without a laugh.

4. Paint Twister
Playing paint twister was something I saw on Pinterest when I first got one a few years ago or so now. I was determined to do it! My parents tried to make it too thought out but sometimes it doesn't matter, you just go for it. Now I may have been made to try and scrap off the extra green paint from the sidewalk from when we came back from the park (we played the actual game at the park) but it was still worth it. Seriously there isn't an excuse everyday to get covered in paint.

3. My Senior Trip
My original Freshman 5 group had planned and known that we were going on a Senior trip after we graduated since the summer after freshman year. The location may have changed a few times, a few friends drifted from our circle while we gained some at the same time. It didn't matter, we had a will so we found a way and we packed our bags and enjoyed our new freedom in Orlando Florida. From the amusement park rides to watching Girl Code in the hotel room I enjoyed my time with the 4 people who I spent most of my day to day high school years with.

2. Christmas In July
When my family is all together there is never a dull moment. It is literally like watching the butterfly effect in person. When one person laughs, another one does and so on and so on. Once it gets started, it never ends. Konner was there as usual, because any family gathering includes him. Our special guest this year was Draven. Between the snickers and laughs exchanged between the 3 of us, it was a really great night. With it being the last time all of us saw my Aunt Tammy, the silly occasion blew up to mean so much more.

1. Tracks/ Village Inn
I have said for a long time that when I turned 18 I was going to hit the Denver Club Scene, and I kept to my word. As promised and said years ago, Konner became my clubbing buddy. We tried a few we didn't like and others we did. Tracks was of course our favorite and we took one of our favorite people with us. When the three of us are together there is never a dull moment, seriously I laugh so much that my belly is sore for days. Between being #thirsty on the dance floor and #thirsty at Village Inn this was the best night of summer. That night was very similar, if not exact to what I have pictured being an "adult" out of high school was like.

I keep saying the term "adult" here, and I mean it loosely. They say that age is just a number, and that is very true. Some legally aged "adults" could have the mental capacity of a 5th grade. It makes me think of this conference I went to this summer in Salt Lake City, Utah. It was a bunch of religious leaders from all walks of faith. The rabbi was talking about words that exist in English, but not in Hebrew. Adolescents was one of them. In Hebrew you are either a kid or you are an adult. Adolescents is a term in modern society that allows you to give yourself the title of "adult" while still acting like a kid. This term may be the downfall for many public figures and other's lives. I can't help but to ponder what category I fall in if adolescents doesn't exist. I don't want to be a kid, and I believe that with some aspects I am far beyond the capacity of a child. In the same token, I want to be an adult and I am in some ways, but in other ways I'm way below par. Does this mean I need to suck it up and become that "adult" or do I just except that I am still a kid and have some experiences that need to happen first. All that I know is that I don't want to be in that adolescents category, but I don't know which one of the others I fall into. It is that point of my life where time will be the decider of which one I fall into.
With Love,
Ciara


No comments:

Post a Comment