Friday, August 23, 2013

Purple Mountain Majesty

I have always understood why Colorado was the inspiration for purple mountain majesty in "America the Beautiful". My family and I went on a day trip to the Pine, Colorado area. It was seriously so beautiful! This whole time I was also geek-ing out with my newer camera, taking many photos. Lately I have been into photos of old buildings and buildings of small towns. I want to maybe do a photo book on these buildings that surround us here in Colorado. Here are two of my favorite.


Unfortunately there are also lots of dead trees from forest fires last summer. This is sadly something that is common in Colorado, but it only further emphasizes the importance of fire safety and living environmentally friendly. The whole time as I was driving around, I kept thinking, "The trees, the trees! It's not about what is is, but what about it can become." (The Lorax by Dr. Seuss) I am not a tree huger by any means, but I do think we should take care of our Earth, because we only have one, and we won't get another one. I had this wonderful idea spark that I had to expand upon when I got home, and needless to say I loved the outcome.

The best part of all was this field FULL of yellow daisies. It was like something you would see in a movie. Personally, it reminded me of a part in Marie Antoinette with Kirsten Dust (I love the cinematography of that movie).
It was better than this!
If possible, it was even prettier then that scene in the movie! I seriously needed to be in a white flower dress prancing around with my basket, heading to my tea party singing the Sound of Music. My family and I switched off photographers and messed with self timer to get these beautiful photos. It is now one of my favorite places in Colorado.

I appreciate the Earth God spent so much time creating for us. Honestly, if we lived in an environment that looked like the planet Mars, it would be so ugly. I think we should be glad that God chose Earth's environment for us! Lol





With Love,
Ciara Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment