Sunday, August 18, 2013

I'm Going to Call This Place My Home

Today I spent time with a friend taking his senior photos around the Santa Fe art district followed by walking around Denver and just spending time there. I seriously love it there so much, and it makes me sad to leave it. I love cities in general, but sometimes they scare me when I visit other ones. In Denver, I just feel comfortable and young. Denver, or Colorado I should say, really does have my heart invested in it. I think once college is done and I am married, it will be impossible for me not to come back and live in Colorado.
This inspired me to do a post of my favorite things about Colorado. These don't reflect an order because I couldn't pick one over the other.


  1. The Music Scene; Seriously so many great musicians have come from Colorado! It is only bound to happen because music is a big part of Denver. Ranges from Boulder to Denver all have their own venues and set of street performers. More times then not those street performers are pretty awesome.  Even if you go to 16th street, there are pianos everywhere that are open to the public to use. It makes me proud knowing that 3oh!3, The Fray, Neon Trees, OneRepublic, Tickle Me Pink, Breathe Carolina, The Chain Gang of 1974, Flobots, and The Lumineers are all from Colorado. Pretty impressive list I must say. 
  2. Santa Fe Art District; I am so glad that for part of my birthday surprise weekend we got to go walk around down there. Seriously, all of the street art is amazing by itself, let alone the galleries. I finally went on the first Friday of the month, that is when it is really busy and the best, and it was such a cool experience. It isn't just visual arts, but every other type to. Like the performing arts with all the musicians and little acting skits. The culinary arts with all the local unique food trucks. Seriously such a cool experience. Being there just makes you proud to be in Denver, because nothing adds a better sense of community than art. One day I hope I can have a piece on display down there. 
  3. Rocky Mountains; The Mountains are of course another highlight! People are always surprised when I say I love camping. Being around the natural Earth is just so fulfilling. Living in Colorado pretty much allows you to camp somewhere different every time, because the availability is just endless. Like I couldn't imagine living in Kansas, and never having anywhere exciting to camp. It would be awful. 
  4. 16th Street Mall; this is also an amazing place. It is also known as the 16th street mall, as it has the typical retail stores, but it also has this vibe about it. As mentioned earlier they have the pianos but they also have other things. For example they have a huge section of benches to play chess. There is also the varying styles of street performs. I have seen things like banjo players, freak shows, magicians, mimes, and even people meditating. Seriously never a dull moment there.
  5. The Historical Value; Colorado has so many places that are important to National History along with many education experiences. We have Mesa Verde, the Sand Dunes, the Royal Gorge, and the list goes on. Denver is home to where the unsinkable Molly Brown lived after surviving the Titanic. Our museums are incredible too! The Art Museum, the museum of Natural History and Science, the Children Museum, the list could go on. Seriously there is never an opportunity to explore Colorado and not learn a new tidbit of history.

I am so tired now and need to go to bed, but I think a list of 5 is pretty good! Seriously, if you aren't from Colorado and have never took the time to explore, I recommend you come watch a Colorado Sunrise.
With Love,
Ciara Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment