Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Big "A"

That means Big Apple, geez people. Today I was kinda stumped on what to post about, so I went on a google search hunt. One idea I saw that I really liked was planning my dream trip. What a perfect idea!
People who know me, know that my biggest place I must see before I die is New York City. I know it is still in the country, but something about it just makes me feel giddy and full of excitement. I don't want to go there and make it big because I don't have any singing or acting talent. I just feel like the heart of America is in New York City!
I have $50 saved in my New York fund, so I don't know how soon I will be there, but it is a start. The closest I have ever been is the summer before 5th grade. My grandpa flew me out to New Jersey with him to see where he grew up, and we went and visited the Statue of Liberty. You may be thinking, isn't that New York? But no, NYC and NJ have a long history of fighting over what state it technically belongs in. I could just remember seeing the city and begging for my Grandpa to let us jump on the ferry and go over to the city. He was in a walker, so needless to say it never happened. Being there, seeing it, but not being able to experience it was like getting my teeth pulled out without the good meds.
This is as close as I got. I didn't take this picture, but this is from
the Statue of Liberty. See the torture?! lol
One day I will get there, I will! When I do, it will be everything I dreamed of plus more! So, what would I do in New York City?

Watch the Today Show. Believe or not, this is one of the roots to by obsession with NYC. I would love watching this show every morning when I got ready. I was a rather nerdy kid. I think it would be so cool to be one of those crazy people outside watching the show!

Visit Trump Tower. Yup, another nerdy thing. My childhood love for the Apprentice is to blame for this.

Visit the headquarters of some of the biggest Fashion magazines; 17, Elle, Vogue, Nylon, etc.

Visit the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) and Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Feed pigeons in Central Park. (Kinda seems necessary)

Go Clubbing! One thing positive about waiting to go for so long, is now I am old enough to actually experience the night life!

Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) Museum, enough said.

Ride a double deck bus to see all the historic, well known places of NYC.

Have a photo shoot with whoever I go with. I can only imagine the overwhelming creativity I will have when I am there. Organizing a photo shoot is a must.

Visit a few more Museums and places ; Skyscraper Museum, Museum of the City of New York, Tribute WTC Grounds, UN Headquarters, Whispering Gallery, NYC Library (to find people's hidden secrets in the postsecrets books)


Have Breakfast at Tiffanys 

Yeah my list is rather long. I know that when I go, I doubt that I will be able to do all these things in one trip, but its a dream trip right?! When I go, I will look my best for the whole time. It is New York City, anything can happen! As I said, it is the heart of America, I mean there is so much history there! There is culture and there is fashion! Art, fashion, history, and politics? What could be better? Oh, thats right. Nothing! Now I have myself all excited about the day I will get there. What is your dream trip? What makes your heart skip a beats at the thought of going?

With Love,
Ciara Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment