Monday, August 26, 2013

Cook, clean, and create! Oh My!

I have been trying really hard to expand my photography to make some kind of posters in photoshop. This is mostly because I really want to enter the Denver Modernism Art Contest next year with some kind of pop art digital design type of thing.
In case you didn't know, the Denver Modernism Show is just a convention of all things vintage! There are shows, vendors, art, etc. I love it, and my favorite part is the fashion show that shows trends from the 30s-70s. Most people who know me know that 50s fashion is a major source of inspiration in my art because it embodies so much history (women rights, war, etc). 
Of course during this fashion show I took some photos of the runway models. Here are a few of my shots; 



The whole housewife culture is something that really intrigues me too, hence my obsession with the 50s. Maybe it is because I want to be a stay at home mom really bad, or maybe its because I'm Mormon. <-- JK
That concept mixed with this Photoshop tutorial, http://psd.fanextra.com/tutorials/designing/create-a-mock-retro-poster-concept/ , is what inspired me to create the collage. (Let me remind you I am new at this type of art so it isn't the greatest, but I am trying)


The other side of the equation inspired this collage (with help from another Photoshop tutorial; http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/designing-tutorials/photoshop-vintage-design/ ) Some young girls were hungry to travel the world and make a name for themselves. This is part of what evolved the role of women to the rest of society today.


I tried hard to use the techniques shown, but add my own twist to the collage. Hopefully I can create a vintage poster, with these and future techniques. Go and try to expand your talents!
With Love,
Ciara Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment