Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Life Lessons

Maybe I like list a little bit too much, but I don't care. I see all of my younger friends posting about today being their last first day of high school. It feels bittersweet to me. In one hand I am glad to be done but in the other THS was the avenue for so many great times that I wish I could continue to live over and over again.
So, what has THS taught me?

  • Universal Acceptance does exist. If the acceptance within the school was carried on throughout the halls, the world would have far less conflicts. Compared to other school, friendships are not built off of looks but on hobbies and personalities. That is the way is should be. Even though everyone has their "clique" they still intermingle with other people. Everyone twines together.
  • Pride is something that doesn't create itself. The level of Trojan pride in those halls is incredible. Let's be honest here, we don't have the best sports team, but that doesn't stop us from bleeding blue. Pride is something that is created, simple enough.
  • You must work hard and play hard. Sometimes when the going gets tough, one must let loose and laugh. The teachers at the school would know when it was time to sit back a little and let us have fun, because we can only take so much work.
  • You can't rewind. You are only in high school once. Spirit days, dances, pep assembly's, and everything else that comes with ends when High School does. Be bold and step outside your comfort zone. Who cares if your the only one who takes western day seriously! You won't be able to rewind back to those moments when you are finally confident enough. Look stupid and have fun doing it.
These are things I will be taking with me, because college will only happen once. I will bring Trojan Acceptance, Trojan pride, Working Hard, Playing Hard, and living in the moment to Idaho with me. All my senior friends, enjoy it! Senior year was the hardest year, but also one of the funnest. The plans you had for next fall will be different than what you graduate with them being. Trust me, just let life take you.

With Love,
Ciara Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment