Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Balancing the Scale

I have been full of scared/negative emotions that seem to be tipping the scale. Tonight I was doing what I do best, not packing, and I found some things that actually have me excited to go to leave in a week! So maybe me not doing what I need to be doing is okay, well in my head at least! It is time to balance the scale and share what I am excited about!

I have heard of Universities having performers and students being able to go at a discounted price. Honestly, I thought all BYUI had to offer in that department was either the Mormon Tabernacle Choir or David Archuleta (which I have seen both). Not going to lie here, I am kinda bummed that CSU and CU have already had Malkamore & Ryan Lewis at their schools and I can pretty much guarantee that the opportunity too see them perform in Rexburg will never happen. I did pleasantly stumbled across the news that Kris Allen (8th Season American Idol Winner) will be at my campus. I found tickets in the dead center section for only $10, and I am sure that having money in my account will be a rare occasion.
You see I always get ready in the mornings with music (well at least until I just skipped the getting ready part all together senior year..lol). Sometimes I would listen to my IPOD, the radio, ect. I went through this stage my freshman year where I got ready to VH1 playing music videos every morning. They were always the same popular songs for that section of time so needless to say the songs they did play I know very well. One of them was "Live Like You're Dying" by Kris Allen. Ever since then it has been a song that I really enjoy as it brings back a feeling of nostalgia to that great time in my life. Monique and I will most def enjoy this.

Another reason I am excited? MASQUERADE BALL! Being a victim of today's modern world, Masquerade Balls are not allowed, at least for all the schools around me. The whole mask thing raises so many ridiculous "what ifs" about safety. Needless to say I have been robbed from this experience. You see, back in my younger years I was obsessed with Hilary Duff. Seriously this is no joke, like I threw a birthday party for her with my friends. Ever since I saw Cinderella Story for the first time, and all 1465416 times after that, I have dreamed of going to a Masquerade Ball. Now I finally have my chance.

I only have two physical classes a day that I must actually drag myself out of my apartment to go to. One is everyday at 7:30 in the morning and the other one switches every other day. Then I have two ongoing online classes. Needless to say, I am a happy camper about that.

My list may not be endless yet, but hopefully as each day comes it can become lengthier and lengthier. I think I may need to fold my laundry now, so Ciara is out!
With Love,
Ciara Ann

1 comment:

  1. When is the masqurade ball and where? Here or at the campus? so DADDY is out........

    ReplyDelete