Saturday, September 21, 2013

End of the Week Thoughts

The whole work load thing is defiantly getting back into full swing. So far it isn't too hard. Most of my classes are government related, which is nice! IB has actually prepped me pretty well, because the workload that my classmates think is difficult is a walk in the park for me.
Thinking of a walk in the park.. I wanted to show you the prettiest place on campus ever! It is the Ricks Gardens (I think) and it is so peaceful and lovely. Like so lovely. That is the place I imagine myself escaping to if I need to think or want to draw! It covers a pretty large area that is intertwined together, so here are just a few pictures of different parts of this mystic place.




See what I mean?! Beautiful! That little house also has a rocking chair and swing bench! So cute!!!! 
Being away is weird, and something I am adjusting to. I have 5 wonderful roommates, which I am very blessed with! They are all 5 wonderful ladies! We have some fun adventures. 
The odd part for me is having to try to meet new people. I have gotten so used to having all of friends from High School, that I knew I always had someone to make plans with. I tried being friends with lots of people, so I was never lacking an opportunity to have plans. Here, I have a few selected few and its work to meet new people! LOL
FROYO run with my roommates
Plus I miss my IB community and our comfort level with each other. Sometimes in class, I just expect someone to answer or make a comment about something, but then I realize they aren't there. It's odd. Not having my mom there to help with all the little things is odd too, like having to get my blood drawn without her the other day was SCARY! The lady asked if I was alright because I looked pale/flushed, and was shaky. My response? "I have never had my blood drawn without my mommy before!" I have a calling at church, a pretty big one in fact! I'll wait to announce that till a little later.
I have ward council tomorrow morning than church so I am off to bed. 
With Love,
Ciara Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment