Wednesday, September 25, 2013

If only I had a million dollars..

That isn't going to happen anytime soon, so maybe I should stop dreaming! LOL I know that some would say stop going to college, but what others don't grasp is that their million dollars will eventually run out, and without a college degree they will get a crappy job, that can't even relatively keep up with the new spending habits they formed over the years.
Really, I don't know why I said any of the above, because it doesn't even deal with where I was going with this blog. Anywho, I was thinking to myself as I did my hw tonight, what are some little goodies I would buy for myself to make college a little more luxurious. None of these are dying needs, but rather things I will keep in mind if I get a little extra spending cash here and there.

1. Victoria Secret Hoodie/ Sweatshirt; I got mine on sale after Christmas last year and it is so dang comfy! (plus it is a lovely hot pink) Wearing a hoodie just seems comforting and appropriate when you do hw into the night, let alone if you live somewhere that is attracted to cool weather.

2. Water Filter Pitcher; Don't get me wrong, the water here isn't as bad as it could be, but it does not get very cold at all, plus you can just kinda taste....unfiltered things in it. The likelihood of me being overly dramatic is high, but still.

3. Digital Picture Frame; We all know how much I love my pictures! I seriously have like so much area covered by pictures. It would be nice if I used some of my wall area for things other then pictures. I would keep my cute clothes pink picture display, but maybe I would fix some of the photos around my desk wall/cubicle. A digital frame where I could upload as many pictures as I want to have on my desk would be amazing. Knowing me I would still put pictures up on my walls...hahaha

4. LOTS OF STAMPS! Getting mail makes me feel less homesick. I love getting mail from my family, friends and my mail art group! The chances of me getting lots of mail art are dependent on how much I send out sometimes, but I mean more stamps would give me another excuse to do something else I enjoy doing, ART!

5. Lap Top Sleeve; I bought one for freakin $30 on zazzle, and it said that 15 inch lap top sleeves stretch to fit up to 19 inch lap tops. Mine is a 15.6 inch, and within a week the sleeve was so tight and stretched out that one of the zippers broke, and it really isn't that user friendly right now. A cute one would be nice.

6. A Backpack..yup...I also spent $30 on one that is nice but it won't fit my laptop..... That is rather INCONVENIENT! I think that backpacks are a huge outlet for self expression during high school and college years. I mean it is something that you bring everywhere with you! For example, if you are walking in a hallway and can only see the backs of people, the chances of you recognizing a friend from their backpack is highly likely. That is my logic behind it at least.

7. Defroster; Having to cook for myself is weird enough, but I hate having to not only plan WAY ahead but also have to remember to put my meat from the freezer to the fridge overnight and through the day so I can cook with it for dinner... That defroster thing my mom had at home was a miracle worker.

8. More tights and leggings; I have a large amount already, but if I am going to be trekking in snow, or just being around cold weather, I am going to want to wear my dresses and skirts still! Only way to do this is with leggings and tights. Of course I would want a large variety in many colors to mix and match new outfits!

9. A portable garbage disposal; I doubt those exist, but if they did I would take out a loan to buy one! haha. The only major downfall to where I live is that there aren't garbage disposals. Family and friends know that I hate cleaning dishes when I have to deal with the soggy and wet food and such! Seriously I am gagging right now typing this. Having to scrap off as much as I can into the garbage ahead of time, then deal with the drain stopper and getting the extra soggy food out of that is just TOO GROSS! I think my roommates would also agree with me on the need for this invention...or the installation of garbage disposals in the IVY.

Lots of weird things I know! When I get some extra "dough" I may spread out buying these things. Well I think I am finally tired enough for bed. I was doing hw up until 30 minutes ago, and its hard to get myself back into my routine of studying and lots of homework. I am getting back up to par though!
I miss you guys!
With Love,
Ciara Ann

1 comment:

  1. Mom thinks that buying a backpack and laptop sleeve through the mail, might not be the answer. I'm thinking, live and in person is the best option at this point.

    ReplyDelete