Monday, September 16, 2013

Patriotism


So I can't hide the fact that I loved American Government and history. I mean I am majoring in secondary education with an emphasis in American Government! I did dread signing up for a class that starts at 7:45 everyday, but having it be American Government gives me a reason to be excited when I wake up.
In fact most of my classes are history/politics related. I am used to sharing very different views from my peers. I am excited to be in a government class where most share the same opinion and values. 
I thought it was so cool today that my teacher connected the scriptures to our first unit on the Constitution (my favorite topic!). He read from D&C 134:9, 101:77&80.
I encourage you to read them if you have time. BYUI is just very patriotic in general. In the main building there is a wall/memorial for all the BYUI alumni who have died serving our country. I am so grateful when I walk by that for not only their service, but for being in a school who appreciates their dedication to our country just as much as I do.
I never talked much about an adventure I went on this summer called Labor of Love. Labor of Love is a service group that is based on the principles of hope, faith, and charity. I will provide the youtube link so you can learn more about it and its background. This group is spreading across the country and making a change everywhere they can. Being apart of it this summer was amazing and something I plan to continue. I have ideas running in my head of holding a Labor of Love BYUI event! That would be pretty great, so it might be time to start praying for ideas of possible service opportunities. 



With Love,
Ciara Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment