Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Welcome to IDAHO!

So I am here, in my hotel until move in day on Friday. We spent a fabulous day in the good old mazada. Well I would drop the good part, so we spent the day in the old Mazada. I thought that since I am not acquainted with my town yet, Ill just give you some cool quick facts on Idaho.

Crazy Laws

  • In Boise, you may not fish from a giraffe's back.
  • In Coeur d Alene, Idaho, if a police officer approaches a vehicle and suspects that the occupants are engaging in sex, he must either honk, or flash his lights and wait for three minutes before approaching the car.

Other Facts;
  • Rigby is known as the birthplace of television since it is Philo T. Farnsworth's hometown. Farnsworth pioneered television technology
  • Under Idaho law only two forms of city government are allowed: a mayor/councilor or a council/manager form.
  • In Idaho law forbids a citizen to give another citizen a box of candy that weighs more than 50 pounds.
  • The first alpine chairlift was used in Sun Valley. In 1936 the fee was 25 cents per ride.
  • Idaho's state seal is the only one out of the 50 states to be designed by a women.

I am sure that one day on that list it will say, "President Ciara Neill attended college in Rexburg, Idaho as a cool fact!  ;)

With Love,
Ciara Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment