Friday, September 6, 2013

Bucket List

I was stumped about what to blog about today. I did google searches on ideas and none of the ideas sounded good, but there was one on blogging about something you learned from a book. I was thinking about the books I have packed up to take with me, and it hit me that I packed my bucket list! This is something pretty unique to have at 18, so I wanted to share it with you guys!

Bucket List

I am not going anywhere any time soon, so no need to fear! I actually started my bucket list at age 8 when my oldest friend, Anna, called me. I don't know why she started one, but her ideas really got me excited to start one. I kept it in one journal until 4 years ago, when I transferred it to the one I have now. Don't worry, things I had completed were checked off still in the new copy! 

On the left side pages, I record if I completed something on my bucket list, when it happened, and minor details. On the right is where I keep my actual bucket list. On occasion I add things to my bucket list, because of course as we get older our desires change. I never take anything off that I may have added when I was younger. 

Surprise Party, check

Some of the things on my list are normal life experiences almost everyone goes through.For example, when I first started this whole thing I added get my first job. Other ones include places I want to visit before I die or crazy things I want to try. 

So what are some of the things I completed so far on my bucket list?
Throw a Surprise Party for Someone (Konner's Going Away Party, Summer 2010. He also never ended up moving)
Find a Gay Best Friend (my official gay bff was found freshman year, but now I have to many! LOL)
Gay Best Friends, check
Go To A Club (one of the first items added when I was 8, and just completed this summer)
Get Flowers From A Guy (the guy I was dating brought flowers to my bus stop for my 15th bday)
Get Braces (why did I ever want braces?!)
Go to a Rave (Skylab w/ Zach, June 2010. Not something I would do again! lol)

I have completed more, but these are just some of them, so you could get an idea! Here are some I have on my bucket list that are still waiting to be completed! 
  • Go to NYC (hmm..seems I posted a blog post on this)
  • Meet Hilary Duff 
  • Learn how to DJ
  • Have a best friend for 20 years
  • Own a fluffy white cat
  • Be vegan for 2 months
  • Visit Brazil with Bruna
  • Go to a nail salon w/o them bugging me to let them do my eyebrows
  • Get married
  • Cook dinner for friends at my first home
  • Get a book published
  • Complete 10 sketchbooks
  • Getting Flowers from a boy, check
  • Slide down a railing

The list could go on and on! Think about what you want to accomplish in your life! Jot it down, because I personally think nothing is better then accomplishing/experiencing a childhood desire! Everybody has extra journals that are not being used, so grab one and start completing your list!

With Love,
Ciara Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment