Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Big Reveal

I finally got around to taking photos of my dorm so I can show you where I am calling home! I didn't take pictures of the kitchen or living room. I wanted to save those for a later date!

Let's not lie, I have an AMAZING bedroom at home, or better known as Ciara's interpretation of heaven! LOL So my mom and I had to bring the comfort elements of this into my new dorm.

This is what you see from the door. I am the side by the window because we all know CIARA NEEDS HER AIR!

This is my bed. The quilt was made for me by my Grandma Nemnich and it served as the "muse" for the room, meaning that everything as pastel and/or floral to match. I do have some more pillows on the way from Colorado.

 Behind my bed, as you could see in the previous picture, is my little picture wall. We all know how much I love pictures and I wouldn't be able to make a place a home without photos of the people who make me smile! We just used twine and my mom glitter-fied clothes pins for me to hang the pictures with.

Next to my bed is my night stand cart from Ikea. This has been a college dorm must for me since last year. I knew I wanted it because it is good for extra space to place little things. My daddy bought it for me. I used a command hook to hang a piece of art I got from an artist on the Sante Fe Art District. The lamp was made by my mom.

To the right of my cart is my wall of accessories. At home I had my headband organizer and necklace organizer of such. I knew I wanted to bring the same concept with me because I like seeing my jewelry laid out for me to pic from day to day. 

 For this my mom and I used an old lacey vest and an embroidery hoop. I got the vest from the thrift store thinking I could make it work, but I couldn't. That's okay, I found a new use for it as my dangle earring holder. Of course there is my clock. I haven't changed the time on it yet to be correct. I might want to do that soon because there is no point of having a clock without the right time. I brought my bow clip holder from home to use.

 We found an old sewing floss holder. (I know I'm calling it the wrong thing but I can't think of the name). It worked perfect for hanging necklaces. In case I haven't mentioned it, all these things are hung with commander hooks.


Right in front of my bed is my desk and closet. This is my desk; it also has a light built into the cubical so I can still work on hw if my roommate is going to bed or something. 

 On the left side, kinda by where I sit is where I hung up a cool magnet board I got as a graduation gift, along with a piece of art from the Denver Modernism Show, and my favorite pictures with my best friends.

My closet! Above there is so much room for storage! For right now I just have my scarves, hats, and purses in the green storage bins. My crafting/art bag is up there as well.


 On my roommates side, by the door, there are two bookcases. We each get one. The two shelves below the drawers have all of my solid color shirts that I mix in with outfits. One drawer is used for PJ clothes and the other for underclothing. Then I store some more jewelry, mementos, and pictures on the rest of the shelves.


 Now that is it for my bedroom. It is wonderful though! So much space! To think I brought a trailer and still have room for more things if I wanted.
Now this is one of the bathrooms. There are 2 in total, so three girls per bathroom. This is the vanity part. I seem to use most of the counter space.......

Inside the door is the toilet and shower. I brought the stuff for this bathroom, so you bet it is pink! I think the shower curtain and bath mats are too cute!




I hope you enjoyed this little tour. I love how much I brought myself into my dorm. Maybe it will make the homesick days a little bit better.

With love,
Ciara Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment