Sunday, September 15, 2013

First Weekend

Taylor Hall
Hey guys! I finally had time to sit down and blog, plus I didn't really have much to talk about at those points. Don't worry I will still be posting pics of my dorm. I wanted to touch upon how grateful I am to be going to a church school. Growing up in a small ward I sometimes felt like I wasn't getting the full Mormon experience. It wasn't anybody's fault, just how it happened.
I was excited to attend BYUI to hang around people my age who all share the same standards as myself. Plus there would be the cheesy activities mixed with spiritual moments that I have been wanting.
Since the whole school is generally LDS, there are SO MANY wards. The school breaks you up into wards depending on what housing you live in. I know for sure that there are over 130 wards on the campus. Since there are so many wards not everyone can meet in "Taylor Hall." Taylor Hall is where the nice chapel is located, and it is also where the religious courses are taken.
It is very common for a ward to meet and partake of the sacrament in a classroom. I feel like I wouldn't be able to  be reverent in a BIO classroom because I would be too busy stressing the whole time or distracted by the posters! LOL
Luckily for me, I get to attend church in Taylor Hall and take advantage of the beautiful chapel. I enjoyed my first day of church and I can't wait for over opportunities
.
With Love,
Ciara Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment